There are two methods to do this, one is for thorough, robust protection, the other is quicker and simply provides a layer of wax protection.
For maximum, protection:
- Abrasive cleaning to remove all old coatings and as much corrosion as possible
- Degrease using surfex HD
- Apply deox-gel rust remover. Repeat until clean steel achieved.
- Clean and dry surface.
- Degrease with solvent.
- Prime with electrox
- Over coat with epoxy mastic
- Apply dynax UB to treated surface
For a quicker and easier method:
- Abrasive cleaning to remove old coatings and as much corrosion as possible
- Then the recommended protective coating to be applied is dynax UB
Approximately 4 x 750ml aerosols of dynax UB will be required per car.